Here is the ABC countdown from L through S. The rest will be coming shortly! It's a little lacking in pictures since I was gone, so try to use your imagination :)
L: Ladybug Day
- We read nonfiction books about ladybugs
- We played a ladybug math game which you can find HERE.
- We made a class ladybug book to practice our doubles. You can find it HERE.
M: Memory Day
- We made our 1st grade memory books today
N: No Shoes Day
- The kiddos got to take their shoes off during reading time today!
O: Origami Day
P: Pizza Day
- My team and I challenged our kiddos to read 100 books in 20 days. They had a book log that they wrote the titles of their books on then brought them back to school every day so we could keep track of their books on this chart.
- We also wrote about what the best kind of pizza is. Click the picture below for a copy!
Q: Quiz Show Game
- We played a game to review things we had learned in 1st grade.
R: Rainbow Day
- This is one of my FAVORITE days during the ABC countdown. Unfortunately it happened to fall on one of the days I was in Hawaii....sad! But not really. I mean, I was in Hawaii...how sad could I really be?! Anywho, my kiddos did a fun rainbow to 10 worksheet that you can find HERE.
- They also did a super cute ROY G. BIV craftivity you can find HERE.
S: Space Day
- We did some math problems with flying saucers. LOVE this activity! Go HERE to see it!
- We also talked about constellations and made "constellation words". I had them first write their word with pencil on a black piece of paper. Then using thumbtacks to poke holes, they made their word into a constellation.