Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thankful thoughts

Ok, I know that Thanksgiving is over....but we should be thankful EVERY day, right? So before everyone gets TOO far into the Christmas season, I want to share a few things I am thankful for!

1. My husband! I am so lucky to be married to such a handsome, smart, talented, fun guy that is my very best friend! I am so thankful to have a husband that understands my weird little 'quirks'...and loves me in spite of them :)
 


2. My Family! I have the best family!! There are 7 kids in my family (I have NO IDEA how my mom did that..) I LOVED being a part of such a big, loving, fun family! I grew up in Oklahoma, so I am very far away from the rest of the fam, which is hard :( But I am grateful that my husbands family, who are the BEST in-laws by the way, are close by and have taken me in as one of their own. It has made it a little easier being so far away from home.


3. My job! I LOVE being a teacher. It is so rewarding and I have learned and grown so much from my job. I have the most amazing, supportive team. I couldn't ask to work with a better bunch of gals! They are AMAZING....I have learned TONS from them and continue to learn from them every day!


4. America! Back in 2007, I went on a service trip to Guatemala for 6 weeks. Holy cow, I miss that place so much! But even though I LOVED being there, I quickly became very grateful for my life in America and all of the conveniences we are blessed with....clean water, washing machines, hot showers, stoves, computers, educational opportunities....I could go on and on. We are so blessed!



I could list many, many other things...but that would take all night :) I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! My highlight was getting to hold my brand new niece for the first time...and having her fall asleep in my arms! AH, I love holding sleeping babies....so precious!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

1 comment: