Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Linky Party!

Fabulously in First had a linky party to share tips for new teachers! I didn't see this party in time to link up but still wanted to share my advice. Here are a couple of tidbits of wisdom I have gained in the last 4 years...



  • I did NOT learn this my first year of teaching :) In fact, this is one that I have had a hard time learning. My first year, I worked on school stuff/thought about school non stop. DO NOT DO THAT! Give yourself time EVERY DAY to relax and get your mind off of school...even if it's just 15 minutes! You will be happier, less stressed, and have a clearer mind when you get to school the next morning. I promise, you will be a better, more positive teacher. AND your students will be better behaved, because when teacher ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! 




  • Let's face it, teaching is HARD. And it's not what you expect. You will make mistakes. Probably lots of them. I know I did! Accept them, learn from them, and move on! 
  • My fellow teammate told me my first year, "Your 1st year you focus on surviving. Your 2nd year you focus on how to effectively teach the curriculum. Your 3rd year (and up) you focus on what your students need to learn and guide your instruction to that." It is so true! Survive your 1st year and remember that it will get better!




  • Oh, I could go on for DAYS about my amazing team. LOVE them! Become friends with those on your team. Ask them for advice and help. Rely on them for support and encouragement...and remember to encourage them as well! Having a great relationship with your teammates will make your year leaps and bounds better! 

Make sure you visit Fabulously in First to see other teachers advice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment